- 3 eggs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 2 oranges (ideally blood oranges but not necessary)
- 75ml neutral oil (okay to use olive oil)
- 1 packet of Lievito Pane dgu Ageli (vanilla scented baking powder), or 1 tsp regular baking poweder
- 1 packet Italian vanilla flavouring or 1tsp of vanilla extract
- 300g flour
- 300g sugar
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease and flour a ring mold cake pan
Beat the eggs with a pinch of salt until bubbles form
Add the sugar and beat until thick and creamy
Add baking powder and vanilla flavouring to flour and mix (if using vanilla extract add the extract to your egg mixture)
A little bit at a time add your dry ingredients to your liquids and mix, add a little bit of orange juice and mix, keep alternating the flour and orange juice and mixing after each one.
5. Pour your batter in the ring mold and cook for 45 mins
*Do not open the oven door when cake is cooking,