This is one of my favorite appetizers. Warm and delicious, it’s great before almost any meal. The tangy feta and sweet roasted tomatoes are a perfect match for crackers, crusty bread, or pita. From a movie-night snack to part of a crowd of appies, this dish will always please.
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/4 small red onion
- 1/4 cup Garlic infused olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 lb block feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Slice the tomatoes and olives in half, roughly chop the onion, and add them all to a mixing bowl. Drizzle in the olive oil and lemon juice and sprinkle with the seasonings. Toss to evenly coat.
- Line a small baking tray or shallow baking dish with parchment paper. Place the block of feta in the middle of the paper. Top the feta with the tomato mixture, piling it high and allowing some to fall to the side. Scrape out the bowl that the tomato mixture was in, drizzling any residue oil and seasonings over the top of everything.
Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes, until the tomatoes are starting to caramelize and the feta has softened. Feta cheese doesn’t melt, but as it warms, it softens and becomes spreadable. Serve warm with pita, crackers, or fresh crusty bread.
- This can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
In My Kitchen offers culinary experiences where passionate and knowledgeable home cooks invite you into their home to share their recipes and culture. Available in person and online. Check out more cooking classes here.
Receive my free guide here: 10 Unique Travel and Cooking Tips, you wont find anywhere else.
We love to see you making these dishes, please tag us on social media! @inmykitchenpaula for Instagram @inmykitchenvancouver for Facebook