In this two hour class, learn to make the perfect paella by award winning Cookbook Author and Olive Oil Sommelier Emily. Emily is an eight time cookbook author including: Spain Recipes for Olive Oil and Vinegar Lovers.
What you will learn:
- The history and origin of Paella
- Two methods of cooking Paella: 1) Open fire 2) Stove top and Oven
- How to properly clean and prep squid
- How to make Emily's delicious Sangria
- You will learn to make the simplest and most delicious tapa: Pan Con Tomate (Tomato Bread)
- Most importantly how to make the socarrat, the crispy rice on the bottom of the pan
- All this sprinkled with olive oil tasting, buying and storing tips.
The number of paella recipes out there, authentic or otherwise, can be mind-boggling. In this class Emily is going to teach you how to make Paella de Marisco or Seafood Paella. You may be surprised to know that the original paella was made with rabbit and snails that fed off of rosemary growing in the fields.
About In My Kitchen Cooking Classes:
- Fully Interactive
- IMK Founder Paula Mohammed will join your Host online to ensure you have a smooth experience.
- Ask as many questions as you like!
You May Be Interested:
Please note, a paella pan is needed for this cooking class. We offer 38 cm (8 serving) enameled pans from Spain for sale.
For yourself or for a gift our paella gift pan includes: Valencian Paella Pan (8 servings), Bomba Rice, Spanish Saffron, Spanish Sweet Paprika, In My Kitchen Host Emily's Spanish cookbook, and a handy In My Kitchen apron.
Sample box of specialty olive oils and vinegars curated by Emily to be used in this class.
Emily's Cookbook: Spain Recipes For Olive Oil and Vinegar Lovers
Please note we do not offer refunds, but we do provide a full credit if you need to cancel.
If you cancel two weeks before your cooking class you will receive a full credit, which you can apply to another cooking class. After that, for in-person classes you may send someone else in your place (we ask you to notify us in advance if you're doing this). For online cooking classes you are welcome to transfer your spot to someone else.
★★★★★SAM W, Calgary AB